VIDEO: Ex-NFL Player Desmond Marrow Choked & Slammed to the Ground by Police During Arrest

Video footage exhibiting former faculty and professional soccer participant Desmond Marrow being slammed to the floor onto his face in a parking zone whereas being arrested by Georgia cops has gone viral on social media. Marrow, who performed for the College of Toledo and was briefly in the NFL shared the video on Instagram and Fb Thursday afternoon (Apr. 26), saying that he was injured throughout the incident in Henry County, Georgia. He stated that he “solely had [his] mobile phone in [his] possession” and the police “claimed to be scared for his or her lives.” He added, “I had no sort of weapon in my possession, I used to be arrested for having a gun that turned out to be my mobile phone.” In accordance to courtroom paperwork, the arrest passed off in McDonough, Georgia (a metropolis in Henry county a part of Atlanta metro) on December 2, 2017 in the parking zone of a Goal retailer on Jonesboro Street. Data present that Marrow, 30, was charged with making terroristic threats, reckless driving, aggressive driving, and obstruction. The courtroom paperwork state that police have been investigating an alleged highway rage incident involving Marrow when the arrest occurred. Dispatchers had instructed police that there was a “bodily altercation,” although police don’t present any proof {that a} “bodily altercation” ever occurred. The minute-long video clip, recorded by a bystander, exhibits two officers holding Marrow by the arms whereas he’s being handcuffed. You’ll be able to see him strolling in the direction of the again of a pickup truck and officers push him in opposition to it. “I’m not even combating again!” Marrow yells as certainly one of the cops lifts his leg up and slams him to the floor onto his face. Marrow can then be heard shouting, “I didn’t even do nothing to y’all!” as the three officers kneel over him and the cameraman says, “That is unbelievable.” As one officer places his arms close to Marrow’s neck, he yells repeatedly, “I can’t breathe!” whereas one other officer tells him to relax earlier than the officer holding his neck takes his hand away. The officers then raise Marrow up to his toes simply as the video ends. The footage doesn’t present what precipitated the police to act so aggressively. WATCH THE VIDEO HERE: Marrow stated he was arrested on felony prices, however didn’t present every other particulars about the incident. You’ll be able to learn his full IG put up under: ***ATTENTION*** to anybody who views this put up , PLEASE HELP ME GET MY VOICE HEARD!!! I Was Falsely Arrested & taken into custody in #Atlanta #Georgia #HenryCounty by the Henry County Police . I Solely Had My Cell Cellphone in my possession & they claimed to be scared for his or her lives . I had No sort of weapon in my possession , I used to be arrested for having a Gun that turned out to be my Cell Cellphone . During the arrest the police knocked my enamel out, slammed me on my head and choked me out till I used to be unconscious. As well as I suffered a shoulder pressure and a concussion together with the heartache of my Spouse leaving me throughout this Very Arduous time for my brief comings and careless actions. This has affected me mentally and impacted my life in a manner I can’t even humanly describe . This isn’t a cry for sympathy, I simply want it to be identified . . . My cry is for JUSTICE. They threw me into isolation and labeled me a gang member due to my tattoos. I used to be totally cooperating with the officers with ZERO resistance. I believed I used to be going to die. I used to be positive I used to be passing out or dying when Officer #D.Rose was choking me as my breath stored slipping away. Henry county police dept was making an attempt to maintain me quiet, however as soon as they came upon I used to be a former #NFLplayer & there was a video of the incident did they then attempt to drop my prices. They have been principally making an attempt to get me to promote my soul in trade for the video not being posted and they might drop all the felonies and clear my document. They stated I used to be resisting arrest, being uncontrolled, spitting and assaulting the Officers by head butting them. However GOD recorded it and I’ve PROOF! You recognize the reality take a lil longer to make it round lies journey quicker ?. They locked me up & gave me No bond which gave me NO voice YOU guys are my voice I NEED your assist . I been sleepin on the flooring I can’t get a job with these #Felonies I misplaced my gymnasium all my purchasers & coaching children is my ardour that’s ALL I wana do I can’t pay my youngster help I might love to see my son I’d take any sort of affection Bruh it’s actual proper now Officer David Rose wrote in his report that when he arrived at the Goal parking zone, he requested Marrow who had been combating and if he had swung at anybody. Marrow denied that there had been an altercation and likewise denied that there had been a struggle, Rose wrote. Officer Rose stated Marrow “was clearly agitated and was talking very loudly and utilizing profanity. He loudly used the phrase ‘fuck’ a number of occasions and I had to inform him to cease.” Rose stated Marrow responded by saying the officer “had no proper to inform him what to say.” Rose wrote that he instructed Marrow “utilizing profanity in that method wouldn’t be tolerated.” Rose stated at that time, a witness knowledgeable him that he had heard Marrow threaten to shoot one other individual throughout a dispute. Rose requested Marrow if he possessed any weapons, and Marrow instructed him he didn’t. In accordance to the report, Rose searched Marrow and didn’t discover any weapons. Marrow then reportedly instructed the officer he was driving on I-75 when a white male passenger in a dark-colored sedan threw a cup of espresso at his automotive. Marrow stated he chased after the automotive as a result of he needed to discuss to them about what they’d performed. Rose then instructed Marrow that he had seen him driving aggressively as he turned onto Jonesboro Rd. and Marrow stated “that’s a reality,” Rose stated, including that Marrow instructed him he was mistaken for chasing the automotive and admitted that he shouldn’t have performed that. The witness instructed Officer Rose that he had seen a car, which Rose believed was Marrow’s, block in a darkish sedan on Jonesboro Rd. The witness instructed Rose he noticed Marrow get out and toss something at the darkish sedan and the sedan drove over a curb to get away. He stated the truck, allegedly pushed by Marrow, then chased the sedan into Goal’s parking zone. After talking to the witness and different officers, Rose stated he made the resolution to arrest Marrow. Rose described what he says occurred subsequent in his report: I instructed Marrow that he was beneath arrest and instructed him to put his arms behind his again. He refused. At that time I pointed my taser at Marrow. I instructed him that he can be tased if he continued. Officer (Matthew) Donaldson and I then managed to get cuffs on him with out me having to tase him. My taser was then put again into its holster. We tried to search Marrow incident to his arrest. He was instructed to unfold his toes aside to allow us to safely search him. He refused to unfold his toes and he refused to adjust to our verbal instructions to accomplish that. Officer Donaldson tried to unfold his toes and Marrow tried to kick him. Marrow was additionally trying to push himself away from the automotive he was standing beside. Marrow then kicked me together with his left foot in opposition to my left. As a result of he was struggling we tried to put Marrow on the floor. He fought in opposition to this. He was trying to flip away from my grip on him and was trying to strike me together with his left elbow. After a number of seconds of struggling he was placed on the floor. Even so, he was nonetheless not complying with directions to lay on the floor on his chest. I had to maintain him on the floor as we repositioned ourselves. I had my left hand on the aspect of his shoulder however was nonetheless not in a position to maintain him down. I instructed Marrow a number of occasions to keep on the floor and cease kicking. I used to be trying to maintain him from kicking Officer Donaldson or head-butting me because it appeared to me that he was trying to do this. Rose wrote that he then put his hand on the aspect of Marrow’s head and neck “in an effort to higher maintain him on the floor.” Rose stated he instructed Marrow to lay on his chest, however he says Marrow was “nonetheless struggling” and “rolled over onto his again.” Rose stated, “At that time my hand was on the entrance of his neck, nonetheless in an effort to maintain him down to stop him from head-butting me. Marrow shouted a number of occasions that he was not in a position to breathe, however he was shouting, he was clearly respiration.” Rose stated Marrow “closed his eyes for a second or in order if he was handed out.” Rose stated he then held Marrow down for a number of extra seconds earlier than pulling him up and taking him to his patrol automotive. Marrow “resisted entering into my automotive,” Rose stated, however he was finally in a position to get him inside. Rose stated Marrow complained of a head harm and medics have been known as, nonetheless, Marrow refused remedy. Rose stated when Marrow was in the patrol automotive, he “laid his head in opposition to the door body and closed his eyes as if he was handed out for a second or two.” Rose wrote in his report that when Marrow acquired to the jail, he instructed them he had a head harm and spoke to the jail nurse about his “sideline harm.” He additionally stated his left knee and left shoulder have been injured and jail employees refused to guide him, Rose wrote. Marrow was then taken to Piedmont Henry Hospital, the place he was handled and launched by hospital employees, Rose stated in his report. Rose stated that Marrow acquired a CT scan and, at one level, “fell out of the wheelchair he was positioned in by hospital employees.” You’ll be able to learn the police report in its entirety under: Marrow shared photographs of his accidents, which you’ll be able to view under: Marrow, a defensive again, performed soccer for the College of Toledo between 2006 and 2011 and graduated with a communication diploma, in accordance to the college’s web site. He was positioned on the pre-season rosters for the Houston Texans and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, however he by no means made the common season roster nor did he seem in an NFL recreation. Marrow was additionally briefly signed by the Edmonton Eskimos of the Canadian Soccer League (CFL), however didn’t play a recreation for them both. Following the finish of his soccer profession, Marrow grew to become a health teacher and opened a gymnasium in Youngstown, Ohio. On account of the incident, Marrow began a GoFundMe marketing campaign he titled “Justice for Des Marrow,” which has to date raised $5,200 of his $15,000 aim. He wrote on the fundraiser web site: “I’m elevating cash to assist pay for my docs payments and bills and to assist rebuild a facility to practice the a whole bunch of children I’ve misplaced becuase [sic] of this traumatic occasion.” The video exhibiting Marrow’s arrest has attracted the consideration of activists on social media. Shaun King shared the video on Twitter, writing, “He was cooperating. They then slammed him to the floor, knocked out his enamel, and commenced choking him till he passes out. That is former NFL participant and private coach Desmond Marrow.” Qasim Rashid wrote on Twitter: “That is police work? Or how slave catchers would beat down the enslaved? As he begs for mercy, Cops handcuff him, slam him to the automotive, then the floor, knock out his enamel, choke him—THEN ask ‘you okay?’ Former NFL participant Desmond Marrow #BlackLivesMatter” Maejor Web page, President of Black Lives Matter of Better Atlanta, launched an announcement, saying, “I’m completely disgusted in how HCPD dealt with this black man, this participant did nothing that warranted him slammed, being man-handled and chocked out, particularly whereas handcuffed. However because of this Colin Kaepernick first took a knee, and now to have a participant saying this occurred to her. We would like the NFL to publicly communicate out and denounce police brutality. BLMGA will aggressively and zealously defend our sufferer.” Eric Prologo, a member of the family of Marrow’s, wrote on Twitter: “Yo that’s my cousin his title is Desmond Marrow thanks for spreading the phrase that is loopy he labored actual onerous to get his personal enterprise going as a private coach and misplaced all of it due to this bullshit they stated his telephone was a gun so now he has felony prices on him.” Certainly one of Marrow’s former professors, John Eidemiller, who works at the College of Toledo, tweeted, “Des was certainly one of my college students at UT. Good man. Was at all times very straightforward to get together with. I don’t know the circumstances of this incident, nevertheless it doesn’t appear to be him. My coronary heart goes out to him.” Dee Drummond, One other professor at UT, wrote in response to Eidemiller’s tweet, “I agree John- keep in mind Desmond effectively. This video is horrific to watch- I can’t think about it took that sort of bodily conduct to detain one person- sickening.” http://feeds.gossiponthis.com/~r/gossiponthis/~3/iN-3gQclvts/ The post VIDEO: Ex-NFL Player Desmond Marrow Choked & Slammed to the Ground by Police During Arrest appeared first on My style by Kartia.

0 comments :

Post a Comment