How Taylor Swift helped Lupita Nyong’o survive a hard time

PARK CITY, Utah — One tune holds a particular place in Lupita Nyong’o’s coronary heart: “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift. “‘Shake It Off’ means a lot to me,” the “Black Panther” star instructed the viewers on the Sundance Movie Pageant Tuesday after a screening of her new comedy “Little Monsters.” Within the movie, Nyong’o performs a kindergarten instructor who wants to guard her college students from a zombie invasion. Her character, Miss Caroline, sings the tune “Shake It Off” whereas strumming a ukulele, to maintain the kiddos calm and completely happy. And it was the Oscar-winning actress who helped get her favourite tune within the film. “I used to be going via a hard time professionally, and I used to be simply in a funk,” she stated. “I used to be working overseas, and my finest pal got here to cheer me up. He performed ‘Shake It Off’ on his cellphone, and we simply had a dance get together in my bed room.” “It meant a lot to me that this movie had that [song],” Nyong’o added. “And so after I heard that they have been having a hard time [getting the rights] I wrote Taylor Swift myself and requested her, and instructed her that story. And he or she stated sure!” Diesel La Torraca, Lupita Nyong’o, Ashton Arokiaswamy, Kim Doan, Caliah Pinones, Vivienne Albany and Jack Schuback in “Little Monsters,” an official number of the 2019 Sundance Movie Pageant.Sundance Institute | Ben King Share this: https://nypost.com/2019/01/29/how-taylor-swift-helped-lupita-nyongo-survive-a-hard-time/ The post How Taylor Swift helped Lupita Nyong’o survive a hard time appeared first on My style by Kartia.

0 comments :

Post a Comment