‘The Passage’ combines vampires and medical thrillers

Vampire tales would possibly go in and out of vogue — however the last nail by no means actually goes within the style’s coffin. 5 years after the latest vampire hit, HBO’s “True Blood,” comes “The Passage,” premiering 9 p.m. Monday on Fox. “It has the guts of ‘That is Us’ and the suspense of ‘Recreation of Thrones,’’’ says the present’s star, Caroline Chikezie, 44. “It’s a present the place you can consider what’s truly occurring. It’s not too far-fetched. “The combo makes it a scrumptious mixture.” Based mostly on a bestselling 2010 novel of the identical identify, the story follows a top-secret group of scientists (led by Chikezie’s character Dr. Main Nichole Sykes) who’re experimenting with a treatment to a lethal pandemic. Sadly, the harmful treatment may be worse than the sickness, inflicting vampire-like negative effects. “The Passage” is a mixture of genres, combining a medical thriller with a “The Strolling Lifeless”-style supernatural survival story. Chikezie’s co-stars embrace Saniyya Sidney (“American Horror Story”) as a younger lady the scientists attempt to experiment on, and Mark-Paul Gosselaar (“NYPD Blue”) as a Federal Agent who defects from their mission with a view to maintain the lady secure from the scientists’clutches. “I used to be conscious of the e-book; considered one of my sisters was obsessive about ‘The Passage,’ ” says Chikezie, who’s British Nigerian.“However after I acquired the position, the writers mentioned it wasn’t required studying, and I simply felt like possibly it might complicate issues if I went forward and learn it.” Satirically, in taking this position, Chikezie was fulfilling her mother and father’ desires — type of. “I at all times needed to be an actress however my mother and father needed me to be a physician like my dad,” she says. “I used to be heading in that route however I acquired off that prepare. I grew up with medical journals, medical jargon — so it’s acquainted to me. I really like medical roles and I believe I gravitate in direction of them due to my background.” And that’s not her solely private connection to the present. Though she grew up in London, Chikezie now splits her time between LA and Vancouver, the place her companion, actor Adrian Holmes lives. Coincidentally, he additionally has a vampire connection. “He’s truly on a vampire present too, for Netflix. ‘V-Wars’ with Ian Sommerhalder. We’re each on vampire reveals, I don’t know the way that occurred!” The pair didn’t have quite a lot of vampire viewing nights at residence, nonetheless. “We didn’t actually focus on it,” she says. “We felt like possibly we’d higher maintain the knowledge personal [in case they’re similar]. “We’ve been very secretive.” [embedded content] Share this: https://nypost.com/2019/01/08/the-passage-combines-vampires-and-medical-thrillers/ The post ‘The Passage’ combines vampires and medical thrillers appeared first on My style by Kartia.

0 comments :

Post a Comment