How celebrities stay warm during New Year’s Eve in Times Square

What’s the key to spending New Year’s Eve exterior in the center of Times Square? Layers. A lot of layers. Final yr’s New Year’s Eve was the second coldest ever on document in New York Metropolis — temps lingered round 9 levels, nevertheless it felt even colder (minus 4) with the windchill. And whereas this yr’s forecast seems to be far more delicate, the hosts broadcasting stay from Times Square aren’t taking any probabilities. “Final yr I truly had two [pairs of] gloves on, that’s how chilly it was,” Ryan Seacrest, the host of “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” tells The Publish in an e-mail. “I wore gloves that have been electric-heated, and we layered it with one other pair of gloves with merino wool.” Regardless of the layering, Seacrest says he’s “on the transfer lots, which helps preserve the adrenaline going.” And despite the fact that he’s “out in the weather many of the evening,” the set does supply some reprieve. “The platform the place I stand in the center of Times Square has house heaters, ” Seacrest says. Ryan Seacrest, host of “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,” with followers final yr.ABC Don’t inform that to Andy Cohen, co-host of CNN’s “New Year’s Eve Reside” along with his longtime pal, Anderson Cooper. Cohen says he “fought tooth and nail” final yr to have moveable heaters on set however was rebuffed. “They instructed me it’s a hearth hazard,” Cohen tells The Publish. “Our set is de facto small, like simply 5 toes on a riser,” Cooper says. “I feel Ryan Seacrest has a complete set and a complete manufacturing. Andy appeared a bit shocked at how bare-bones all of it is.” Previous to final yr’s teeth-chattering present, Cooper, who’s internet hosting for the 16th time this yr, was proactive and spent virtually $3,000 on high-tech, electrically heated clothes (gloves, coats, vests) from the Warming Retailer in Philadelphia. Sadly, an on-set mishap (“It was so chilly, no person was pondering straight,” he says) separated him from the batteries. This yr, he plans to cost the clothes up in advance and check out once more. Cohen, in the meantime, goes a bit extra old-school. “I really like these low-tech hand heaters you will get at [the drugstore] that you just put in your gloves and boots,” Cohen says. “I’m going to get a giant bag of these.” Maria Menounos cozies as much as Steve Harvey ultimately yr’s ball drop in Times Square.Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Photographs “Andy goes to have his assistant make him a go well with out of these little heaters,” Cooper says jokingly. Final yr, that’s just about what occurred to Maria Menounos, co-host of Fox’s “New Year’s Eve with Steve Harvey.” For her on-air Times Square marriage ceremony to her longtime boyfriend, Keven Undergaro, her workforce truly sewed these little hand heaters into her coat. “They created pockets in the liner for them!” Menounos tells The Publish. Then, after the marriage, she modified out of her robe (“I needed to change on the road, actually, with a black curtain round me!” she says) into a number of layers — fake fur-lined leggings, cashmere tights, a number of layers of socks, plus Uggs and heat-tech pants and shirts. That’s why, she says, this yr, she’s going to roll into New York “like Beyoncé on tour,” with a number of baggage. “I’m selecting between, like, 100 jackets this yr,” she says. “I’m so scared from final yr, however even when it’s imagined to be extra delicate this yr, I don’t wish to be unprepared.” Preparedness appears to flip year-to-year for “Rockin’ Eve” correspondent Jenny McCarthy, who spends many of the night on the road with revelers and never onstage with Seacrest’s heaters. “I put on seven pairs of lengthy underwear. There’s, like, silk ones, cashmere ones, wool ones. They get thicker as I’m going alongside,” she says, including that she’s additionally a fan of these small warmth pads everybody else loves. “They’re taped throughout my physique.” Nonetheless, even a New Year’s Eve vet like McCarthy, who’s been working the Times Square festivities since 2010, commits the occasional style fake pas. Jenny McCarthy in Times Square for “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.”Lorenzo Bevilaqua/ABC “Final yr, I made the error to put on a modern Burberry raincoat that was sizzling pink,” McCarthy says. “I assumed it could pop off the display. It was the dumbest factor I’ve ever carried out, in addition to dying my hair brown as soon as. It was a paper-thin raincoat. It wasn’t even lined. Individuals instructed me I used to be silly. I assumed I used to be wanting cool, and I didn’t.” Making an attempt to look cool on tv is tough sufficient, however even tougher in a beanie. Whereas showing on the “The Tonight Present” starring Jimmy Fallon in early December, Cohen stated he doesn’t like how he seems in a winter hat, which is why he saved taking his off final yr. Cooper, too, has shunned a hat at instances as a result of his noggin is kind of well-known by itself. This yr, don’t be shocked if you happen to see Cohen overlaying his head: On his present, Fallon gifted Cohen a cashmere black cap to put on this New Year’s Eve. “I do have a number of different methods up my sleeve deliberate this yr,” Cohen says. “And I promise I received’t complain.” Says Cooper, “I feel he’s going to have a flask.” — Further reporting by Eric Hegedus Share this: https://nypost.com/2018/12/29/how-celebrities-stay-warm-during-new-years-eve-in-times-square/ The post How celebrities stay warm during New Year’s Eve in Times Square appeared first on My style by Kartia.

0 comments :

Post a Comment