Miss USA reveals she got engaged during the Miss Universe pageant

Miss USA Sarah Rose Summers has a sunny outlook on her future. The 24-year-old magnificence queen from Nebraska is engaged to her longtime boyfriend, Connor Combs, who proposed the identical evening she moved on to the semi-finals of the Miss Universe pageant in Thailand, on Dec. 17. “I knew Thailand would change my life, however what I didn’t understand was that it will even be the place I start a brand new lifelong journey,” she shared on Instagram, captioning a photograph with Combs. “On Dec 17, not solely did I characterize my nation on a global stage, however I additionally stated sure to perpetually with my greatest pal. I can’t cease hugging on my fiancé, observing my ring, and smiling serious about it.” The engagement comes after Summers was slammed for feedback caught on video about Miss Vietnam H’Hen Niê and Miss Cambodia Rern Sinat not understanding English. In a video captured by Miss Colombia Valeria Morales, Summers requested after which answered, “What do you consider Miss Vietnam Nie?” “She’s so cute and she pretends to know a lot English, and you then ask her a query after having a complete dialog along with her and she goes [smiles and nods],” Summers stated, chuckling. She added, “She’s lovely.” Summers repeated her impression of Nie upon Morales’ request. Later in the video, Summers expressed sympathy for Rern not realizing English. “Miss Cambodia is right here and doesn’t converse any English and never a single different individual speaks her language. Are you able to think about? [Miss Australia] Francesca [Hung] stated ‘That might be so isolating,’ and I stated, ‘Sure, and simply complicated all the time.’ Poor Cambodia.” Summers instantly sparked backlash on social media over her remarks. Many have been upset not simply at Summers’ phrases and actions, however at how she portrayed America on the world stage. Reps for Miss Universe declined Fox Information’ request for remark at the time, however Summers spoke out in a contrite assertion on Instagram — accompanied by a photograph of herself, Rern and Niê in a gaggle hug with another contestants. “@MissUniverse is a chance for ladies from round the world to find out about one another’s cultures, life experiences, and views. All of us come from completely different backgrounds and might develop alongside each other,” she wrote. “In a second the place I meant to admire the braveness of some of my sisters, I stated one thing that I now understand may be perceived as not respectful, and I apologize. My life, friendships, and profession revolve round me being a compassionate and empathetic girl,” she continued. “I’d by no means intend to harm one other. I’m grateful for alternatives to talk with Nat, Miss Cambodia, and H’Hen, Miss Vietnam, immediately about this expertise. These are the moments that matter most to me.” Share this: https://nypost.com/2018/12/28/miss-usa-reveals-she-got-engaged-during-the-miss-universe-pageant/ The post Miss USA reveals she got engaged during the Miss Universe pageant appeared first on My style by Kartia.

0 comments :

Post a Comment